Services - Fixed Wire Testing
Fixed wire testing can also be known as periodic electrical inspection and testing. This is how you determine that all electrical wiring, controls, outlets and accessories within a building or place of work are safe to use.
At all times you need to ensure to the best of your ability that your premises are electrically safe for use by your staff and members of the public.
The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 requires that: you shall provide, so far as reasonably practicable, for:
- The safety of persons and livestock against the effects of electric shock and burns, in accordance with regulation 130-01.
- Protection against damage to property by fire and heat arising from an installation defect.
- Confirmation that the installation is not damaged or deteriorated so as to impair safety.
- The identification of installation defects and non-compliance with the requirements of the regulations which may give rise to danger.
Apart from your requirements, another reason of carrying out fixed wire testing is to greatly prolong the life of your electrical installation and therefore potentially save you money in the long term.
Unlike some of our competitors at Best Electrical all of our fixed wire testing is carried out by engineers that hold the City and Guilds 2391 qualification, and all of our engineers are employed directly and we operate a strict no sub-contractor policy.
We can bespoke a fixed wire testing package to suit almost all requirements, ensuring minimal disruption to your day to day business.
We can offer a planned testing regime ensuring total compliance at all times. Electrical testing and inspection packages include:
- 20% of installations tested over 5 years
- 25% of installations tested over 4 years
- 33% of installations tested over 3 years
- 50% of installations tested over 2 years
- 100% of installations tested over 1 year
Our price includes for full certification supplied in paper, electronic or CD formats.
Should there be the need for any remedial works then a free fully comprehensive quotation shall be provided.
Please feel free to contact us for an instant quote, or if you require any further information on any of our other services.